Awarded to Talented High School and College Students
- Four students will be selected by audition to be “Roots” Apprentices for the 2021-22 Season.
- Accepted applicants will rehearse with the Choristers on Wednesday evenings in Wauwatosa and perform concerts in December and April.
- Apprenticeship audition dates are TBA, likely in June.
- Each student will receive $300 paid in two $150 installments in December and April, depending on participation/attendance.
- Must be a member in good standing of an area high school or college/university choir.
- High school students must be at least 16 years old and have their school director’s permission.
- Must sing an audition for Choristers’ music director Dr. James, B. Kinchen, Jr.
- Must show musical/vocal talent, strong choral music interest, and promise of future success in community choral arts.
- Coverage of memberships for the season ($100)
- Music for rehearsals and concerts (refundable $25 deposit required)
- Concert attire furnished ($100-plus value)
- Full participation in all Milwaukee Choristers’ activities for the season
- Opportunity to study and sing a varied repertoire with one of Milwaukee’s most versatile and popular vocal groups.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the Choristers of your interest. Please include your voice part and why you are interested in this apprenticeship.
- Call 354-1933 if you would prefer to speak with someone over the phone about this opportunity.
- You will be notified of auditions – likely to be held in June – but are TBA due to the COVID-19 pandemic. (Apprenticeship auditions are separate from the Choristers’ annual new member adult auditions held in August.)
- You will be asked to sing a prepared solo or aria.
- You must provide a reference letter from your choral director.
- You will be asked to express why you are committed to continue choral singing once you are out of school.
The Milwaukee Choristers began in 1933 when a group of students graduating high school wanted to continuing singing in a choir. This initiative honors the roots of the organization by encouraging the involvement of young choral singers.