Awarded to Talented High School and College Students
- Students (age 16+) are selected by audition to be apprentices.
- Accepted applicants will rehearse with the Choristers on Wednesday evenings in Wauwatosa and perform with the chorus. (Concerts are scheduled in December and April each year.)
- Auditions are held in August and December by appointment at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church.
- Each student will receive $350 per semester ($700 per season), depending on participation/attendance.
- Must be a member in good standing of an area high school or college/university choir.
- High school students must be at least 16 years old and have their school director’s permission.
- Must sing an audition for Choristers’ music director Dr. James, B. Kinchen, Jr.
- Must show musical/vocal talent, strong choral music interest, and promise of future success in community choral arts.
- Waiver of annual membership dues ($120)
- Loaned music for rehearsals and concerts (refundable $25 deposit required)
- Concert attire furnished ($100-plus value)
- Full participation in all Milwaukee Choristers’ activities
- Opportunity to study and sing a varied repertoire with one of Milwaukee’s most versatile and popular vocal groups under the direction of Dr. James B. Kinchen, Jr.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify the Choristers of your interest. Please include your voice part and why you are interested in this apprenticeship.
- Call 414-354-1933 if you would prefer to speak with someone over the phone about this opportunity.
- Auditions are held twice a year in August and December.
- You will be asked to sing a prepared solo or aria.
- You must provide a reference letter from your choral director.
- You will be asked to express why you are committed to continue choral singing once you are out of school.
The Milwaukee Choristers began in 1933 when a group of students graduating high school wanted to continuing singing in a choir. This initiative honors the roots of the organization by encouraging the involvement of young choral singers.