We hold new member auditions in August and December at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church (1600 Underwood Ave, Wauwatosa, WI 53213). Stay tuned for the next audition date!
- Tenors and basses are particularly encouraged to audition.
- Join our email list to stay up to date!
- We rehearse Wednesday evenings from 7:15-9:45 p.m. at Wauwatosa Ave. United Methodist Church.
- Appointments are recommended and can be made by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or calling 414-639-8134. Walk-ins also are welcome on audition nights and will be heard in between appointments as the schedule permits.
- Auditions take place in private with our conductor, Dr. James B. Kinchen, Jr.
- You must be a high school graduate or at least 18 years old.
- No prepared material is necessary.
- Past choral experience, with a basic ability to read choral sheet music, is extremely helpful. You will be asked to sing a familiar song and sight-sing a simple melody.
- Vocalizing while on your way to auditions and while waiting for your turn is encouraged. We begin every rehearsal with several minutes of warm-up.
- Members of the choir will be on hand to greet you and answer any questions you may have.
- You’ll receive background information about the chorus, including our rehearsal attendance policy and an explanation of what is expected of chorus members.
- You’ll be asked to fill out an information form.
- You’ll be notified within a day or two of your audition as to whether you have been accepted into the chorus. If accepted, you will be responsible for annual dues of $120 plus costuming, which includes a black tuxedo with white shirt or a black performance dress that costs between $60 and $80, depending on size and length.
- Good luck!