Our next auditions are Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2023. Join our email list to stay up to date!
The Choristers hold new member auditions in August and December at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church (1529 Wauwatosa Avenue), where we rehearse Wednesday evenings from 7:15 until 9:45 p.m. Tenors and basses are particularly encouraged to audition.
- Appointments are recommended and can be made by calling (414) 354-1933 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins will also be welcome on audition nights and will be heard in between appointments as the schedule permits.
- Your audition will take place in private with our conductor, Dr. James B. Kinchen, Jr.
- You must be a high school graduate or at least 18 years old.
- No prepared material is necessary.
- Past choral experience, with a basic ability to read choral sheet music, will be extremely helpful. You will be asked to sing a familiar song and sight-sing a simple melody.
- Vocalizing while on your way to auditions and while waiting for your turn is encouraged. We begin every rehearsal with several minutes of warm-up.
- Members of the choir will be on hand to greet you and answer any questions you may have.
- You’ll receive background information about the chorus, including our rehearsal attendance policy and an explanation of what is expected of chorus members.
- You’ll be asked to fill out an information form.
- You’ll be notified within a day or two of your audition as to whether you have been accepted into the chorus. If accepted, you will be responsible for annual dues of $120 plus costuming, which includes a black tuxedo with white shirt or a black performance dress that costs between $60 and $80, depending on size and length.
- Good luck!