All members, honorary members, alumni and friends of the Milwaukee Choristers are encouraged to further the long-term financial health of the group by contributing to the legally independent entity The Milwaukee Choristers Foundation, Inc. that serves as the Choristers’ permanent endowment fund. Contributions may be made in various ways common to charitable organizations, including:
- Cash or checks (payable to the “The Milwaukee Choristers Foundation, Inc.”)
- Credit card via this website
The Milwaukee Choristers Foundation, Inc.
7708 S. 87th Street
Franklin WI 53132
414-531-6783 | email@example.com
The Milwaukee Choristers Foundation, Inc., was established in 2001. The Foundation board (see below) manages the funds and works with the Choristers to build the principal of the endowment. As of July 2022, the Foundation’s assets total over $175,000, with the long-term goal being $500,000. Well before that point, the Foundation foresees using income from the endowment to help the Choristers meet some of their expenses and undertake projects for which they currently lack the financial resources.
Major donors can establish sub-funds within the Foundation to support specific Chorister activities. For example, the family of the late Choristers Ed and Anne Ramsey donated $16,000 to encourage group camaradarie and, specifically, to contribute toward an annual “Ein Prosit Nacht.” The fund’s capital is preserved; grants to the Choristers are based on the annual return of the fund. Other such giving vehicles are under consideration.
The Foundation has been recognized as a corporation exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and as such is eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions to the extent permitted under applicable law and regulations.
Board of Directors
- President: Jim Halverson of Wauwatosa; software architect at Spider Logic, a division of Wipfli, LLP
- Treasurer: Kerry Barton of Franklin; former financial analyst at mortgage insurance firm, MGIC
- Secretary: John Emanuel, J.D. of Whitefish Bay; attorney-at-law
- Karen Engelhardt of Brookfield; former teacher
- Patrice M. Hargarten, J.D. of Wauwatosa; former president of Priority Title Corporation
- Christopher Bruett of Wauwatosa; Global Account Manager at Dell OEM Solutions